CALENDAR OF EVENTS – 2017-2018
All meetings are held at Ho’omaluhia Botanical Park in Kaneohe unless otherwise noted.
- September 2 Collette Higgins “Following in the Steps of Queen Kapiolani” (Boys and Girls Club in Kailua)
- October 7 Dr. Charles “Chip” Fletcher “Sea Level Rise and Hawaii’s Changing Climate”
- November 4 Cosette Harms “December 7, 1941: Letters From Hilltop House – Oahu has been attacked!”
- December 2 Holiday Luncheon (Mid-Pacific Country Club)
- January 6 Beth Ann Kozlovich Hawaii Public Radio’s Talk Shows Executive Producer
- February 3 Rosalyn Dias Concepcion “Hawaiian Fishponds, Their Restoration and Importance in Hawaiian Culture”
- March 3 Rear Admiral Alma Grocki, U.S. Navy (Ret)
- April 7 Kirsten Downey, “Human Implications of Important Financial Trends”, Branch Annual Meeting, Scholarship Benefit Lunch
- May 5 Joanna Bilanchiere “Entrepreneurship, Back in Action” (Boys and Girls Club in Kailua)
- June 2 Annual Scholarship Luncheon (Pohai Nani Retirement Center)
Aloha Windward O’ahu Branch Members: New ways to help our scholarship program!
Do you shop on Amazon? If you do, you can now help raise funds for our scholarship program by going to smile.amazon.com, locate our scholarship program (Windward O’ahu AAUW Scholarship), register and then begin shopping. Or if you log in to your Amazon account, the smile.amazon.com address will automatically appear in your browser. Not everything is eligible for the scholarship donations. Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to our fund.
Starting in September, 2017, the scholarship fund has been approved for participation in Foodland’s Give Aloha Program. When you shop at Foodland, have your Maika’i card ready, then tell the cashier that the number for our program is 78901 and then make a donation to the Windward O’ahu AAUW Scholarship Fund. Foodland will then make a partial donation to our Scholarship Fund. This program is for the month of September. Thanks for shopping!