Applicants for the Windward O’ahu Scholarships, please read the following:
Applicants must be legal residents of Windward O’ahu, enrolled in or accepted for admission at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in the state of Hawai’i and have not previously earned a baccalaureate degree. Applicants must be enrolled in a classified degree program. Selection will be made on academic potential and need as determined by the Local Grants Committee of AAUW Windward O’ahu Branch. Application packets will be accepted between January 1, 2019 and March 1, 2019.
The applicant must submit:
1. Completed educational grant application.
2. A type-written Personal Statement which addresses all four of the following:
- What are your reasons for attending college?
- Why did you choose your course of study?
- What are your career goals?
- How have and / or how will you give back to Hawai’i ?
3. A copy of applicant’s high school transcript if they have not attended college, or most recent college transcript (including work in progress which can be an online student copy).
4. Two letters of recommendation mailed directly to the Educational Grants Committee or e-mailed to email@example.com. These should be from teachers (preferred), counselors, employers, supervisors or others well acquainted with the student’s abilities and potential — not relatives. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are postmarked by the March 1, 2019 deadline.
All application materials – Application, Personal Statement, Transcript and Letters of Recommendation – must be postmarked or received by March 1, 2019 and sent to Betty Sestak, Educational Grants Committee, at 535 F Keolu Drive, Kailua, HI 96734 or e-mailed to Betty Sestak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials will not be returned.
Awards will be made in April 2019. Awardees will be invited to the Branch Scholarship Luncheon to be held on Saturday, June 1, 2019. Additional information is available by contacting Betty Sestak at 262-0530 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Windward O’ahu Educational Grant for 2019-2020
PLEASE COMPLETE THE GRANT APPLICATION USING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS :
ONLINE APPLICATION – COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE FORM BELOW. SUBMIT SUPPORTING MATERIALS (PERSONAL STATEMENT, TRANSCRIPT, AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION) VIA THIS WEBSITE OR VIA EMAIL to BETTY SESTAK at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRINTED APPLICATION – COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW, PRINT THE FORM OUT AND MAIL TO BETTY SESTAK AT 535 F KEOLU DRIVE, KAILUA, HI 96734. MAIL THE SUPPORTING MATERIALS (PERSONAL STATEMENT, TRANSCRIPT, AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION) TO BETTY SESTAK.
KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION PACKET FOR YOUR RECORDS.