Applicants for the Windward O’ahu Scholarships, please read the following:
Applicants must be legal residents of Windward O’ahu (Kahuku through Waimanalo), enrolled in or accepted for admission at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in the State of Hawai’i and have not previously earned a baccalaureate degree. Applicants must be enrolled in a classified degree program. Selection will be made on academic potential and need as determined by the Local Grants Committee of AAUW Windward O’ahu Branch. Application packets for 2023-2024 will be accepted between January 1, 2023 and March 1, 2023.
The applicant must submit by the March 1st deadline :
1. Completed educational grant application.
2. A typewritten personal statement which addresses all four of the following:
- Your reasons for attending college;
- Your choice of course of study;
- Your career goals;
- Your community service or leadership experience, past, present, future.
3. A copy of applicant’s high school transcript if they have not attended college, or most recent college transcript and including work in progress which can be an online student copy.
4. Two letters of recommendation. These should be from teachers, counselors, employers, Kumu, supervisors, or others (not relatives) well acquainted with the student’s abilities and potential. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are postmarked by the March 1, 2023 deadline.
Awards will be made in April 2023. Awardees will be invited to the AAUW Windward Branch Scholarship Luncheon to be held in June 2023. Additional information is available by contacting Betty Sestak at 262-0530 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Windward O’ahu Educational Grant for 2023-2024
PLEASE COMPLETE THE GRANT APPLICATION VIA THE FORM BELOW :
*** KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION PACKET FOR YOUR RECORDS. ***